Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Australia is unparalleled when it comes to natural beauty and pure adventure. There’s so much to see in this huge country that even many Australians haven’t explored it up and down. While it was hard to choose, I’ve narrowed it down to the top 10 things to do and see in the great land of Aussies.
1) Sydney Opera House: You can have a frothy Australian beer at the Opera Bar before popping over to the marvelous Sydney Opera House. Forget the Foster’s and drink what the locals drink instead.
2) Great Barrier Reef: There are few sights in the entire world as spectacular as the Great Barrier Reef. It’s the largest reef in the world, big enough to be seen from outer space. Whether you want to take a cruise, snorkel, or scuba dive, all three are an option here.
3) The 12 Apostles: These limestone stacks amidst the backdrop of the gorgeous ocean in Victoria will impress you.
4) Uluru: Make a point to watch the sunrise or sunset at this massive sandstone rock formation in the Northern Territory.
5) Sydney Harbor Bridge: For those who aren’t scared when it comes to heights, you can climb the ladders and catwalks of this mountain high bridge. It’s fun and exciting, kids love it.
6) Laneways of Melbourne: Melbourne offers amazing shopping. All the designers have shops here. Just be prepared to spend more than you planned.
7) Surfing “The Pass” at Byron Bay: This world famous surfing spot does not disappoint. These are waves for experienced surfers. Newbies should stick to a tourist surf spot.
8) The caves of the Margaret River region: This is one of my favorite attractions in Australia. The formations in the caves are mysterious and make you feel like you’re on a movie set. It’s truly something to see!
9) Explore Frasier Island: Frasier Island is an awesome place to explore. My suggestion is to rent a four-wheel drive jeep and take a personalized tour of the forests, beaches and swamps.
10) Camp in the “Outback”: If all other plans fall through, the Outback offers plenty of wonderful camping sites. Australia is known for its wide open spaces which makes it perfect for camping.
Samuel Phineas Upham is an investor from NYC and SF. You may contact Phin on his Samual Phineas Upham website or Facebook page.https://www.honeymoonerchannel.com/aussie-aussie-aussie/Travel